Monday, June 05, 2006

Tiny Bubbles

I think I felt it! I just had what felt like a little mouse scratching at a wall bubble up in my tummy! Now, I've had this plenty of times and I've been passing this off as gas, but this time I laughed out loud, it was like this was somehow different. And was not accompanied by any gurgling tummy or anything indicative of gas. And so I called Josh to tell him and then I said "it's either a little fart or our child!" And I'm sure you can see the obvious joke - many parents would say they eventually become one in the same. No, I would never insinuate such a thing... But anyway, we were very tickled by the experience, Josh was very amped.

Now, on a second note - we have an appointment on Thursday, just your average monthly appointment. HOWEVER, as we are now into Week 16 many reports say that we may be able to detect the sex of the baby at this time. But at our last appointment our midwife did not think we should rely on this appointment for the official sonogram. You see, insurance will pay for one, and it is technically supposed to be what's called an anatomy check - they are looking for the correct count of arms, legs, eyes, etc. You know, key parts. Now, if we go on record at this Thursday's appointment as having had our anatomy check sonogram, insurance will not pay for another one should we not get sufficient views of the "important parts". Hmph! So, I called the office today to see if they were at all booked on Thursday (this office is traditionally pretty cool about sneaking patients into a sonogram room if they're not busy and just not billing anyone)...and they are NOT booked, they're wide open that day!! Yippee! SO we might just be able to find out the sex of this little bug on Thursday! Oh, and an update on the gender vibes? Just as Josh was leaving this evening (going to a class) he looked at my high-waisted, drawstring pants all snuggly fit around my belly and said "Oh yea, it's definitely a girl." WHAT?! I thought we were both on a boy kick right now? Yeesh. This wait is excruciating! How do those with normal impulse behavior wait out the 40 weeks? Hopefully we only have to wait 4 days!!

I'll try to keep an eye on my tiny bubbles, too. I'm pretty sure our little mouse just made it's first communications to the world! :) Hellooo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»