Thursday, June 07, 2007

Leaps and bounds

Whoa baby, we are growing and growing at the Paisley household. We just had our 6 month check up and little missie is just growing like a weed -- seriously! She's SOO long! She's 27" and 15 pounds. Again, she's in the 90th percentile in height and the 25th percentile for weight. She's a scrawny little thing, but I guess not in a bad way because she's so dang tall! We got a formula from our doctor that showed us that she needed 725 calories a day - she drinks 5 bottles a day with 120 calories each (totalling 600 calories) and then eats solid foods (cereal, fruit and a veggie) every day. It barely totals 725 calories and some days it doesn't! I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to stuff that much food into such a teeny little thing - she ends up spitting it back out on the closest blanket (or parent!). I'm trying to feed this kid what I'm supposed to...but I'm missing something.

Okay, so on to the fun(ner) stuff. I've been digging through her closet lately and it's really amazing. Stuff I got like last summer and thought "wow, she'll be practically walking when it's time to wear this".....NOPE, it's time NOW! The last two days she's worn outfits that fit into this category exactly. It's amazing. I can't believe this tiny little critter is growing so fast! She's so funny too - she laughs hysterically when I do the dumbest stuff. In particular, she likes it when I throw my hair over my face and then "flip" it back, like I'm some guitar player in an 80's hair band. (I knew it, I have another Aerosmith fan in our house!!)

So summer break has started, but I've been taking a graduate class this week. It's kind of a bummer because I looked SO forward to summer to soak up some baby time. Oh well, tomorrow is the last day of the class and then I can start the "soaking"! We have so much to do! We are even going to take swimming lessons!

Let's cover milestones quickly and then get to the fun pictures! So we're sitting up these days - without support. Just sitting up like a miniature person! It's amazing. I made her some all natural, whole wheat teething biscuits and she's feeding these to herself. Of course, I fish out most of the chunks, but she really seems to love them! We're still enjoying the tippy cup and getting much more proficient at the "delivery" of the tippy cup. Less and less is falling out and spilling down her front! Oh and "object permanence" -- knowing that an object still exists even though it's out of sight -- got it! She drops stuff and then looks for it. It's fascinating! So, at the risk of being redundant and painfully obvious - this kid is GROWING! And so fast!

Here's our most recent shot...and yes, it's our first nekkid shot. That's a bit of a ritual lately (thwarting the diaper rash) - after bath time we get to do nekkid time for about 15 minutes. FUN!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Oh, this was SO funny. (I know, every mom thinks their kid does the funniest stuff...I try to keep that in perspective, but this one was really pretty funny!) I let her "kiss" Mimi's mother's day card on the ride to meet them for dinner. When we got there I saw that her "kisses" got extremely out of hand... I literally had to fish envelope out of her mouth (I know, Mother of the Year here....). It was SOAKING wet with with baby slobber. She fell asleep and still had it in her hand. When we saw Mimi, this is what was being "presented" for Mother's Day. I thought it was icky...but not Mimi, she LOVED it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Mom and Paisley being cheesy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This was cute, we all went out to dinner and the following pictures show how much this little bunny was passed around. This is Josh holding her while she chats with me. Too funny!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Here's Aunt Julie sharing her fruit and cheese plate (whether she wanted to or not...) with a curious little baby claw! This was officially her first restaurant food too - she ate Mimi's sweet potatoes and "ate" Aunt Julie's fruit slice...sort of...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Here's Miss P with Aunt Katie, whose martini Paisley thought was SUPER pretty (it was PINK!!)! Aunt Katie always smells so pretty - kind of like vodka. We LOVE Aunt Katie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And finally, this was Miss P's first trip to the speedway. We went to see the Indy cars - not necessarily mom's cup of tea, but where else can you wear an "Andretti Winery" onesie??! I must say, she looked fabulous - hat and all. However, we spent most of the day in the vestibule playing with toys and wearing ear plugs. Ultimately, it was like a starlet showing up at a premier - you KNOW they don't have a clue what the movie was about but, dang it, they looked cute and the papparazzi LOVED them!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Hee hee! Too fun! Summer promises to be chalk full of fun as well and I'll do my best to keep ya'll posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you finally got to post some new pics and details! I check in from time to time to see how you guys are doing. I am so happy for you! She's ADORABLE!!! I think she looks like you!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the new pics and hearing how big she is getting. Gosh, she is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Update more often too!!!