Friday, July 20, 2007

Not a ton of time - of course. Summertime is the FUNNEST, though. We are having a blast. We started this week off with a bang - our first trip to the zoo AND our first SWIMMING LESSONS!! FUN! But first a couple of other noteworthy events for the month of July. Miss P had her first overnight vacation to Mimi & Poppa's house. I actually had a roadtrip with my best girlfriends up to visit our "missing man" girlfriend who moved away from us. What a blast we had - we laughed till we cried on numerous occasions. It was just so good for the soul!!! Josh had to work through the weekend so we packed up a little pink overnight bag and shipped little missie off to Mimi & Poppa. I think we were all a little nervous, but everything went absolutely perfect! I loved the fact that I could discreetly get a picture mail/message on my cell phone and I could avoid being "that mom" who calls home every hour! (At least I tried not to be...but that's a hard hat to switch out from under) Ultimately I think the little vacay was so good for all parties!

Little milestones --- Miss P has her second tooth! She's eating more and more big people food, too. One thing I stumbled upon that she loves - rice cakes. Mmm. Plain puffed rice, everyone's favorite... Okay, so I've never found them to be completely fulfilling, but Paisley gobbles them up and they melt down to a nice mushy mess and seem to tide her over just fine.

Also, she is really really struggling to crawl. And man does she get mad when she can't, shoo-eee! She gets up on all fours and rocks like crazy and then the legs just pop out behind her and BOOM, she's back on her tummy again. I keep the video camera close because she's just on the cusp!!

I think the crawling will be short lived to be honest - she is seriously so interested in standing and walking. She has even held herself up at the coffee table and always seems quite impressed with herself when she does.

Oh and this is random. No one ever told me about this - and maybe it's just my child - but what's with all the primative, loud, grunts that this child belts out? Seriously?! She has the capability of sounding like a cartoon-characteresque BRUTE! They're not "at" anything in particular, they're just her finding her vocal range I guess. But it's pretty funny.

Quick note on swimming lessons - they're going so great. She loves them! And she kicks like mad, too. It's super fun, I'm so glad we did it. And boy does she nap HARD when we get home!

Now on to the photo gallery!

KICK KICK KICK! Miss P is the belle of the poole! :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Paisley and Dad at the Zoo! If you look really close you can see the giraffe in the background. She was not necessarily impressed with the animals. She has stuff like that at her house. Three of 'em. No biggie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Mom and Paisley

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Paisley standing at the coffee table - not sure why this is so blurry and of course it's not missie's most photogenic moment, but I had to capture the "standing"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



So busy. Things to do, people to see, purses to carry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And of course, no summer would be complete without a trip to Aunt Bev's house for a pool party! This was her first time in a swimming pool and after a few minutes, she seemed to be right at home there! We love Aunt Beverly!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: