Thursday, August 21, 2008

Drano, hip pain and other fun things...

As you can see, I've been rendered worthless these days - hence, no update since what, June? Awful. Everyone says the second one gets such a rotten deal. And although I know it will be a huge priority to us to make sure that this doesn't happen (the infamous "no pictures", all hand-me-downs, etc.) judging by what I'm seeing in this blog - I've already shorted the kid on a blog of their development. So sad. Well kid, let me cover the highlights - your big sister needs a bath, so I have to be brief. (I know, I know, "enough about her"...sorry...)

Week 15 - we're half way through. We did the urine/drano test (I'm sure that's environmentally friendly...) which says this baby is a girl. Who knows. I hate the thought of it now being a boy simply because everyone under the sun says I'm all "girl vibes". That poor boy would be scarred for life!

My hips and lower back are hurting WAY beyond anything I recall experiencing with Paisley. I wince with every movement. Part of this is probably from school having started back up and my being on my feet all day. It's day 4 and I'm contemplating showing a week-long video --- just so I can sit! I'm only kidding. I wait till later in the semester for that!

Paisley - smart little cookie. At 20 1/2 months, she knows her numbers, her letters, and her shapes. I was just telling someone today - I think this is when I just throw up my hands and turn her over to Blue's Clues and let the television raise her. I don't even know how to keep up with her! Her vocabulary is giant. Today she yelled "no" at me and then went and sat herself in time out. See - I really think she's got it under control. Even discipline appears to be out of my hands.

Okay, I have to bathe Smartie Pants. Sorry for the lame post. I'll try to redeem myself soon......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend - Is Paisley still in the bath? What the heck? Details are needed as you have friends who live in other states. I need to see pics of the little one and an update on number 2. :) Serene