Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Super Brief

Yes, I know, I SO need to update. So much has happened. But, alas, no baby yet. I'm quite ready for her though. All of our showers are wrapped up, and our exchanges and returns complete...and I'm excited to say, we have our nest ready for our little arrival! Can't wait! Just yesterday we had a doc appointment and we discussed herbal remedies to "encourage" the process. So we immediately ran to the health food store to buy "Red Raspberry Leaf Tea" (sipping it as I type this!) and "Evening Primrose Oil". I am all over that!!

I just can't get over that ticker at the top of our blog. When did we pass the half-way mark?? Did I miss something? I feel like time has handed me one of those soap opera kids who one minute is like newborn and a year later is a teenager with a major storyline. I just can't believe it.

Oh, and here are a few random weird things:
We own a stroller. And it's assembled in our mud room. Just sitting there.
Second, we have a baby swing. In our bedroom. What the hell?! I do a double take every time I see it!!
Next, I have a bag packed. With gargantuan pads that claim to do God-knows-what and a cute Betsy Johnson robe to fend off the "dowdy frumptitude" that pregnant hall walkers tend to sport.
And finally, who would have ever thought we would have spent Halloween at Babies R Us wrapping up our final purchases? Surely not us.

And from the Complaints Desk:
Really surprisingly, not too many right now. I have a very heavy sensation in my low low abdomen, stretch marks have finally made their appearance, my hands are more swollen than ever, and finally, I was diagnosed with a yeast infection on my FEET! (it is clearing up but not without itching in the fiercest way possible) HOWEVER, this whole pregnancy thing is just getting uncomfortable - not unbearable just uncomfortable. I'm lumbering, huffing and puffing to do anything. And the really irritating part is, this little bundle is nearly 6 pounds at this point... she is clearly capable of seeking residence in her adorable little nursery and vacating her island paradise. I say, most lovingly of course, "move it kid, rent is about to go up!"

:)

No comments: