Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yippee an update.....

Whooowee...time is a FLYIN around here. School started and this just compounded the time warp we have been on for the past nine and a half months. We're all adjusting okay, I think, to my being gone during the day. I think we're awfully lucky to have the arrangement that we do. Paisley is a blast. I now understand when beaming mothers say "Oh, I've just loved every stage" -- I have too. It's just been so fun getting to play so many roles as mom. You get to be a coach, a playmate, an observer, a *learner*, a disciplinarian (the cords near the entertainment center garnered our first "NO!" followed by a meltdown of hurt feelings...oh poor little thing...I was a monster!!) a gourmet baby food chef, and an expert on infant constipation. It's so challenging, yet so fun. I feel like we're doing an acceptable job, too. Which is amazing. Because I didn't know if we were going to be cut out for it. But I do indeed think we're managaing.

Okay, let me just document the fun stuff for posterity and then I'll post some pictures.

Okay, so Miss P officially stands up now. Regularly. And alone. Occasional balance on an object, but she appears to be relatively fearless. And she is no longer doing downward dog while attempting to crawl - she CRAWLS and she ain't kiddin! Chasing her is like chasing a small, fast dog. They never know exactly where they're heading, but they do it fast and change directions rapidly. That's Paisley. Super-fast baby!

By the way, there used to be a Saturday Night Live skit about "Swiffer Jammies" for babies. Is there really anything wrong with that? I mean why would we parody something that every mother has probably envisioned? And what a time saver! AND, no matter how many times I neurotically clean my floors (wood floors, obviously) her shins and knees are so freaking grubby every single day. I'm going through oxy-clean like mad. (That stuff works like crazy good by the way!! Never had I been a true conoissuer of the stain remover...however...times have changed...)

Ummm, okay, let's move on to pictures:

This is our little Jayhawk's first KU game --- she LOVED it!!! (Disclaimer: I've tried to rotate these pictures and according to my "preview" they're not rotating, so sorry...I tried. These days, that's all I got)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And example of her "standing baby ku cheerleader" -- she's awfully talented, no?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And of course, leave it to Mimi to think of the important details like the matching bloomers! Nothing says "Rock Chalk Jayhawk" like these fancy drawers!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Luckily Poppa was able to land us these primo seats in the stadium suites...because when you gotta call it quits, it's nice to not have to do it in the stands. Thanks Poppa!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now back at the ranch...you can imagine what this book shelf looks like at the end of the day. She's awfully literary. I think she's reaching for the scrabble dictionary... *as I beam with pride -- mommy's little wordsmith* "Q-U-A-G-M-I-R-E. quagmire. 20 points, sucka!" SIGH...she's so smart.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And I'll leave you with this...I just can't believe how big and how capable this little critter is getting. We're just beside ourselves. It's like she's a real person!!! We just keep telling ourselves that with our mouths agape. I'm not sure we had put that into perspective until she started eating food from a dish and transporting herself from point a to point b without our help. I guess people tried to warn us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Niki! Just thought I would drop in. What an adorable baby jayhawk - a sight for sore eyes for a Kansas girl in Texas. I am sure I don't need to tell you how big she is getting. It sounds like you guys are enjoying parenthood! I hope to see her (and all of you) at Christmas or maybe even Thanksgiving. You must post Halloween pictures!

Emily