Friday, January 04, 2008

Umm. Yea. We're still here....just hangin out...

So we've been a little busy lately. What did I say - school would start and all hell would break loose? Kinda. Well in the interest of time let's recap - we had a baby a year ago. I KNOW -- CRAZY!! A YEAR!! Where did the time go? (Only old people say that) But we have a little person living in our house and she walks and talks and has opinions and shakes her ornery little head NO and all kinds of fun stuff!

I'll cut to the chase - on her actual birthday we had to take her to the doctor because she had struggled for two days with a fever. I guess she just had a cold. But we went and got ice cream anyway. Here is our little ice cream FIEND enjoying her ice cream... (we created a monster, by the way!)

Photobucket

Okay, so then there's the actual birthday party: a pink poodle party. Oui oui! Mimi made her a poodle cake. She searched high and low for the perfect cake pan and I think she paid more for the shipping than the pan even cost, but c'est la vie, non?! (You can see it on the table with oh so polite little chunks missing) You know, even though it's been a year, that Mimi still tends to spoil Miss Paisley a bit. This smile will tell you, it was not only appealing to the eye but also to the palette! Haha!!!

Photobucket

Little birthday princess -- tutu and all. Note the pearls. Tres elegant, n'est pas?

Photobucket

Okay, so now we'll back track a bit. The plaza lighting. She was tentatively scheduled to appear at this event last year, but she was busy primping, so to speak. So we were excited to take her down to the festivities. She had a ball hanging out in Poppa's RV (to stay warm and have snacks) but we snuck out to snap a few shots! Brr! It was chilly -- and "this darn hat keeps sliding in my face!" (Sidenote: Hey look, we're on Broadway........coincidence? I think not!)

Photobucket

And indulge me if you will...I am just smitten with this photo -- I would have to purchase eyes this blue!

Photobucket

After a Christmas performance by my kids' show choir (my school kids) she got her singin'-n-dancin' groove on. Now I know there is no audio with this picture, but trust me - she is QUITE the vocalist. And she can dance, I think she's almost "en pointe" in this shot. You throw in a splash of drama queen (uh, check!) and you've got a triple threat ...look out J. Lo!!!

Photobucket

Speaking of J. Lo.......her smugness in this shot is almost disturbing.

Photobucket

She is obsessed with those sunglasses. It's really entertaining!

Auntie Serene came for a visit --- we LOOOOVE Auntie Serene!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh and Auntie Serene if you're reading this, this is just for you!!! She has CLEARLY perfected her arabesque. Even though you can't see it, I guarantee you, those toes are pointed!! We work around the clock on this man. I'm telling you, "MY KID IS A FLIER!!!" (PS - ironically, that's Auntie Serene in the framed photo behind her!)

Photobucket

And finally, Halloween. We're going to sound a little "uncreative" here, but, yes, she was a Pink Poodle for Halloween. It was tough to get a good shot - you know how high in the air a "pink poodle's" nose can be...so do you get the top view, or the little person view? Hmm. This one is primarily of the little person. She was, ummm... dog-gone cute. Sorry. Had to. :)

Photobucket

So that's her - Miss P. We haven't messed her up yet - at least in any ways that we can immediately detect. She's just the coolest! I think our warranty has expired - I think we'll keep her! Hee hee....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's stil ADORABLE! Yes, I still check in once in a while. Miss you just b/c you are so much fun! Congrats again! It sounds like you are just the best mom ever!