Sunday, April 20, 2008

Do you want a million dollars? Do you want to go to Disney World?

These days if you were to ask Miss P if she'd like a bucket of chocolate with ice cream and candy - most assuredly her answer would be a loud defiant "NOOOO"! Jealous? Yeah, this is what our world has become. So we've taken advantage of the situation and (video)recorded her highness answering in the negative to some of the requests that I'm sure will surface in the next year or so. Kind of the video equivilent of "can we get that in writing?" Now to be fair, this little person has SO much to say these days. Her words are limitless, it's crazy. If I say something once to her, she repeats it. Literally - she was asking "what's that" to everything so I just started answering and making her look at my mouth. She started at that time, looking right back at me and forming the word identically.

Let's take "clock" for instance. It went down like this -
Paisley: "what's that (repeat 20x)"
Me: "Clock"
Paisley: "What's that?"
Me: Paisley, look at mommy - "Cllllock"
Paisley: "Clock"
Me: *speechless*

(This is primarily for recording purposes because I do realize most people aren't impressed by the vocab of a 16 month old...)Miss Paisley can say - Mom, Dad, Mimi, Poppa, Grama, Sophie, Colby (Bobie), Carter (the three dogs), Spoon, Milk, Juice, Hot, Snack, Please, Thank you, Squirrel, Cow (& Moo), Bird, Duck (& Quack Quack), Outside, Door, Window, Big Jay (as in the National Champion Kansas Jayhawks!), Apple, Banana, Olivia, Lilly, (the little character from the books), Car, Shut, School, Hi & Bye, Shoes, Feet, toes, Teeth, Hair, Bow, Shirt, socks, Nose, Eyes, Chin, Cheek, Ears, Ouch :( , Train (and Choo Choo), Frog (& 'ibbit, 'ibbit), Bunny, and I'm sure there are plenty more I'm forgetting...

She can sort objects - which is stunning to me. I took the advice of our Parents As Teachers parent educator and made a sheet of paper with 8 colors on it and make corresponding squares of paper with those same colors on them. I gave it to her to see if she could match the colors and she did it with ease! Multiple times! I was stunned!

On a more bummer-ish note, and in spite of a healthy diet/appetite we've had a constant form of illness with this kid. We literally went three weeks in a row with a spiking fever that lasted for about 24 or 48 hours. So bizarre. Docs weren't too concerned. The random fever has been accompanied by rashes, runny noses, and coughing. Not fun. As I write this, we're airing out the house from a coughing fit that led to a giant BARF! The worst part is that she was in her bed, I didn't realize she had thrown up, just though she had a little coughing fit, so a few minutes later, assuming the coughing had awoken her from her hap, I go in there to find her sitting in a giant mess. It was bad. She was her happy little self, not a problem at all. Didn't seem to mind that the stuff on her hands she was examining was vomit. Glad to know she's so open minded. I, however, am not. It was nauseating. However, I'm quite surprised at how nonchalantly I grab at the snot on her nose when I don't have a cloth handy. To be honest it's about vanity. Clean face wins over squeamishness over snot any day! A sentence I never expected to hear myself utter.

Oh and I could not write this blog without mentioning the fact that Paisley took her first airplane ride a few months ago (I can't believe how much time has flown by!). We went to San Francisco with Mimi & Poppa. It was WONDERFUL! I admit I was extremely nervous about the flight. All I could do was take anything imaginable to thwart a meltdown. Lots of snacks, juice, pacifier, BENEDRYL, bottles, etc. I was just so nervous that we were going to be "those people on the plane who couldn't control their kid". But on the way out she slept most of the way back she watch some DVDs. It was really okay! And in San Francisco we had a ball! We spent a day in Napa, shopped, ate, you know, vacation stuff. It was great to have all those uninterrupted days with the whole family.

And finally, this isn't that big of a deal, but I find myself a little sad when I think about it.... Paisley is done with the bottle. As of March 29th - she has been bottle free! We really had an easy time getting rid of the bottle. We just cut one "bottle feeding" every few weeks since she was around a year old. The only one still hanging on was the last one of the day after story time and heading to bed. Mimi actually gave her her last bottle because we were over there watching KU play in the Final Four. The next night she was already asleep, and then the next night we just attempted not offering it and it was no big deal so we just went with it. Easy. I know this is a struggle for some parents so it is not lost on me what a major break we got on this one! Hopefully the pacifier will be just as easy. After that...potty training...

Now for some fun stuff!

Divalicious! No diva is complete without her stuffed bunny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Pippy Longstocking working in the kitchen.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Piggy Tales for the JAYHAWKS - Yes, we went crazy for March Madness here in KU land!

Photobucket

Aha! So that's where those blue eyes come from!

Photobucket

So busy! Funny story, this oh-so-fun noise maker was hand selected by Paisley at Babies R Us and she suckered Mimi into getting it. (Literally ran through the store with it. Whoever let her out of the cart is beyond me!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Airplane ride heading to San Francisco!! FUNN!! (I'm hiding my anxiety well, don't you think?)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



So far so good - normally not a baby who wanders around in public with a paci, but for this I made the exception! It worked wonders!!

Photobucket

Dad is a huge help, huh? Packed an entire tote bag of books - bought us a lot of time!

Photobucket

And we're OUT! Note the cheese sauce all over her dress. Dad let her put her hands in the dipping sauce that came with the giant pretzel. I just looked at him with my jaw dropping when he did that... I was like, "what are you thinking????" but at that point, it was too late to stop her, all we could do was manage the mess at this point. Overall, I have to say, we did alright. Seriously?! Cheese sauce with the "kids' meal" on the flight? Brilliant.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



AHHH! Finally in the hotel - I don't think Paisley had ever been on a comforter or pillows this thick and fluffy. So funny, she loved it! Check out the bulgy diaper. Do these people ever change this kid's diaper? Geesh!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



First stop, Pier 39! Sea lions...that's an animal you don't see in the "farm animal" books!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Paisley's FANCY cupcake! We made a stop at Kara's Cupcakes ---- SO good!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The view of Paisley & Mimi visiting in the parking lot while Mom & Dad went WAYYY up in Coit Tower.

Photobucket

Baby's first day in NAPA!

Photobucket

EASTER!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Oh, this makes me melt. So sweet.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippppeee! An update! With all those awesome animal noises, I think she's ready for yoga class!