Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Stuff that's neat.

Well here we are over half-way through week 21. They aren't kidding with that whole nesting thing. I guess in lieu of a new home to move in to, I've been a crazy window-shopping fiend. The stuff out there is just over-the-top. A Louis Vuitton (knock-off, of course) crystal binky? Necessary? Probably not. But it's the thought that counts and one which I whole-heartedly applaud. SO, the following bit of blather is just my way of remembering sites I think have something cute to offer.

But first, before we shop, a quick baby update (after all, she is the "reason for the season") - lots of movement. I'm actually starting to feel her from the outside. I can't help but laugh out loud every time I feel this. It's so funny! It's like her daily role call - just checking in! Very comforting. Oh, and I even think I'm beginning to discern one "end" from the other. On my right side I have a very distinct contour of something and on my left side it's like softer, there's nothing really solid behind it. However, I think up by my ribs on the left side I do have something else, perhaps the other end? I know she's still supposed to be taking advantage of all the room she still has, so I'm sure she hasn't committed to her permanent hang-out spot necessarily, but I think she's definitely scoping out the scene!

Oh, and I'm struggling with the logistics, but I'll be attempting my first self portrait posting soon. My belly button, I think, is in it's final hours as I once knew it -- we're about two clicks away from an outtie. Not even kidding.

Okay, first up adorable baby announcements...wait, do people still do this? Or have we been reduced to simply e-mailing the info to our mass mailing list. Be on guard...you could be getting one of these in the mail. Act surprised.

Some of the cutest baby/kids' clothes I've seen online. Mercy. Sickeningly cute.

Good heavens! This brand, Tralala, gave me a physiological tic just due to the sheer sweetness overload. However, it's entirely possible, I'm experiencing the information super highway equivalent of being "de-programmed". "...must coo at baby outfits, must coo at baby outfits..." (the main site a child's closet has links to other over-the-top kids' clothes sites)

Who knew cleaning up a poopy baby could be so chic!

I'm sure Josh will be using the baby carrier more than I will so this seems a little unfair to saddle him with this "fabulous-ness" but dang it if these aren't fashionable!

Now, I am in full support of a woman's need to address lactation/feeding issues in public places. HOWEVER, that said, it's always a little uncomfortable to see a woman in full view using no discretion or strategically placed blankie to hide the buffet. So, knowing I'd never want to be "that guy" these seem awfully cute, functional, and dare I say...hip! Oh, and please disregard the unfortunate product name that in one instance takes away all the "chic points"!

These are general ideas of the bedding I am drawn to - click here and here. I believe my mother, Betsy Ross, will be stitching the unique designs that will ultimately be our baby bedding. She is a. outrageously crafty b. a terribly fabulous "Mimi" already and c. (luckily)as obsessed as I am about our bedding! OH and d. determined to have a chandelier in the nursery.

And while we're on the subject - this is the crib we're hopefully going with. It's round - I love that!!

Love this! - cute AND functional. As you can see our carseat is kinda "boy-ish" it's navy and light blue BUT it was one of like TWO jog-type strollers (not that I'm a jogger of course, in fact the thought makes me snicker, but they're a bit more rugged for any terrain from parks, to streets, to hikes, etc.) SO whatever we can do to cute up this rig, I'll take it!

Oh goodness, this is too much cuteness and germ-free-ness. I want to ride in this!!

Great stationary!

Okay, I'll keep adding to this post as I find little goodies. I need to keep my e-thoughts organized :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already have a girl so of course I am all over all the boutique brands. Its all she wears. But let me tell you a huge secret. I get all her boutique brand clothing on Ebay for under 15 bucks an outfit and thats for stuff that cost 50-100 in the store! Also those care seat covers...you can get the same ones on ebay for around 30-50 bucks! I cant wait to get mine!!!