Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Is my daughter a lush?!

No, I'm kidding. She's not a lush -- I think she just had her first bout of hiccups today! We're at the point now where we can see her movement crystal clear when my tummy pops up. It's been rather entertaining. I'm also happy that Josh can finally feel her movements, now he can surrender to the fact that this baby is not an elaborate hoax. ;) Now, he can not only feel them, but he can see them as well. Some of these movements are strong enough to be seen through my shirt when I'm lying down. Well, today I kept feeling really strong movements, so I took a peek to see what was happening and I was seeing my belly contract and pop up in the same spot like every 5 seconds or so. It happened like 7 times in a row and I could only assume that this was hiccups. They say this can happen, but I forgot to be watching for it, so it took me a while to catch on to what this probably was. I guess it's good, all the books say that hiccups are a sign that she's learning to use all of her reflexes. Which is ironic because when I get the hiccups it's not a sign that I've mastered anything other than incessant giggling or too many pints of ale!

Cheers!

PS - Two side notes, I got my first stranger comment --- we were handing our tickets to be torn at an outdoor theatre performance and the guy goes, "what about one for the baby". I literally had to think for a second who out of the two of us was the baby... Yeah. That might take me a second to get used to.

And a second note, all of my eBay treasures are starting to roll in. That has been SUPER fun!! I'll try and find some of the links to some of the little darlings.

I got this little Ralph Lauren dress in hot pink and in light pink. She'll be ready for Aunt Bev's first pool party for sure!

Ralph Lauren terry dress & hat set -- needing yet another pool party!

Tralala jumpsuit - isn't this sweet?

Baby Nay Pink/Chocolate Kimono set - I love this, it matches her nursery decor. Like baby camouflage...I hope we can find her.

Baby Nay sleeper sac -- this picture doesn't show the traditional sleeper sack, it kind of flares out, but I couldn't find another picture. (It's NOT pink!!)

Baby Nay "Harvest Toile Kimono Set" -- I got this in the 6 months size and it is SO teeeeeny. We just kept looking at it going "WOW, that's small!"

Okay, yeah, there's more...but that's a bit much for now (from a posting stand-point, not from a shopping stand-point, of course!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Nay runs small which is good because she wont wear gowns past three months. Hey go to this site
dimplesanddandelions.com
I love thier stuff!!! But Ebay rules for good deals. I have bought all of baby boys stuff there. Oh and check your state for consigment sales. You can get stuff cheaper there than on ebay. I just search the racks for brand names I love. I wont buy any of the cheap brands. I am a snob. Not really...I just dont think they can even compare.