Friday, September 29, 2006

We're not the only ones moving!

So of course tomorrow is moving day and we have a handful of health updates. First, Josh went to the doc today and can now take his massive wrap thing (it was not a cast) off occasionally and even begin to rotate his ankle. Isn't that crazy? Doesn't it seem like I just posted the pictures of that ankle-wreckage? (Hell, I guess my sense of time isn't exactly telling as it seems like only yesterday I was posting my first entry about harboring a tiny little newt!) He goes back in two weeks and, hopefully, at that time can begin putting weight on it and, I guess, essentially walking on it. Yeaaah! I can go back to being a princess for the final weeks of the pregnancy! Alas, the way nature intended! ;)

Now, another little medical issue. I'm not sure what's going on with me or with Miss Baby, but I had to call the "emergencies only" line today. I hate doing that, but this pain I was experiencing was, well, painful. And not normal. The baby was still moving and rolling around like she normally would, and I was not having any other alarming symptoms of any sort. My midwife told me to get off my feet quickly and to flood myself with fluids. She said what I was describing could be mild contractions, but didn't seem too alarmed. Honestly though, neither was I - I like to err to the side of "not panicking". But I complied as best I could and taught my last two classes sitting down. I came home and took a three hour nap (oh that was SO indulgent and awesome!!) and then got up and began the upheaval normally referred to as "packing". Yeesh. I will never get this done. Luckily the house I live in stays in my family and I don't have to have everything out immediately. I'm not sure that's a good thing, that's "giving me an inch" and I have a feeling in the current state of things, I will take several miles. I have now decided I need to sit down and rest. The mystery pain still persists, but it's not unbearable and it's not like a contraction that has a "on/off" rhythm to it, it's just a constant ache. I'm actually wondering if the baby has dropped. That would be a bit on the early side, but nothing alarming. I am noticing that I'm breathing a bit easier and she doesn't seem to be up as high as she normally is...YIKES. Do I realize what this means?? I can't think about it just yet.

Let's just tackle one major life altering experience at a time..... *sigh*

New address tomorrow!!!

No comments: