Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Interesting evening

Well in spite of my previous post (yesterday) saying nothing was going on, I think I should stand corrected. Last night we actually got the "stopwatch" out and began timing what I think were contractions. Like the textbooks say, early labor tends to produce contractions that are 10-15 minutes apart and last 15-30 seconds. Welp, last night produced contractions (I guess that's what they were, they didn't feel like a gripping "contraction" of a muscle per se, just excessive pain all at once) that were 13 minutes apart and lasted about 25 seconds each. We are well-studied on the facts and figures (Josh took copious notes at birthing class, just in case there was a quiz...) and we know that we aren't to go to the hospital until they're 5 minutes apart and last one minute each. So we just kept timing them. However - much to our dismay - they eventually subsided. But good heavens how they hurt; the relief was honestly quite welcomed! Anyway, I have no idea what they were all about but I'm guessing it's a good sign. It's kinda strange, I'm having on-going pains, but nothing that I could time today, I'm just sitting here in constant "ache". Imagine the gassiest you've ever been, now hold it! That's PRECISELY what this feels like. SO uncomfortable. I can't imagine this NOT being associated with something like labor, if it's not, what on earth is it? Oh and for the record, it is NOT gas. Thanks for asking. Updates to come soon! ...oh mercy this is hurting...I just hollered at Josh to get the watch again...I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: