Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Flavor of the week

When this whole pregnancy started, up until about yesterday, I was absolutely certain that this baby would be a girl. However, just yesterday I got a strong WAVE of "boy" vibe. And it's still there today. I'm not sure what this is about. But we're firing off boy names like crazy and they seem so right. The girl names I thought I would have an abundance of are not coming to me as readily as the boys' names. Hmm. Josh started getting boy vibes, too. Although I can't really picture me with a boy, the notion is starting to grow on me. You know....I say all this, but deep down I feel an odd, deeply-rooted sense for this baby being a girl. We will find out June 22nd. It seems so close, yet so far away (for lack of a better cliche).

On another note - I had an absolutely exhausting weekend. I am paying for it today for sure. We played so hard - visited mom an hour away (got a wonderful pedicure), went to an all-day, all-out pool party and then went to an all-day, all-out visit to Worlds of Fun (for anyone not local - it's a theme park whose name says it all...it's a "world" of fun......*insert pained eye roll here*). I think toward the end of the day yesterday my body was beginning to shut down. I was emotionally and mentally still doing great, but physically I was falling apart. My knees were so freakishly swollen they looked like fat lady knees - like the thigh never stopped and wedged in there somewhere is a chubby, forgotten knee cap dying to see the light of day. My hips hurt! This was new. I had not experienced this pre-pregnancy and did not even think about this as a physical ailment I would be contending with, although it seems to be a painfully obvious one (pun intended!). Well, my hips hurt, as did my feet. They felt like they'd been clubbed from the bottom. I did my best to avoid complaining, too. Luckily, Josh bought me some pop rocks and some laffy taffy and this got me through the final stretch.

I am in my fourth month and I can't help but wonder what my final months are going to be like - I'm typically not too much of a pansy, but I physically wanted to fall apart last night. Now, today, I'm paying for it. I guess Baby knows its limits and my exhaustion today is just one of the many "lessons" this little bugger will illustrate for me!

2 comments:

pharmgirl said...

Just the other day I was unconsiously doing the math in my head to figure out the age difference between my son and YOUR SON. Then I was all "wait a minute?!?" Can I come to that sonogram too? Geeez it was weird!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»