Monday, May 01, 2006

Who's Driving this THING?

So now we're on our way into week 11. According to all the stuff I've read, we're out of the "danger zone"...As I knock on wood...But I don't know that the nerves ever quite subside. I must say, I've never felt so out of control with regard to anything. I am SO not driving this one - I'm not driving how big I'm getting, or how small I'm NOT staying, it's just happening. It's a tough thing to get my mind around. I'm also not in control as to how well this baby does in pregnancy. Until I feel it moving, I won't even know that it's doing okay. That's something that once it does start moving I could at least monitor for normalcy, but in the meantime, I have no confirmation that everything's okay. Yes, I'm trying to micro-manage my own body. It's worked for this long... (wait, no it hasn't. I'm coo coo!).

On a more sentimental note, I'm realizing that this worrying that I'm doing now and the lack of control I have is simply a symptom of how deeply I feel for this baby. I'm realizing that this feeling of helplessness and constant worry, while admittedly a sign of my constant neuroses, is a clear indication of what the future has in store and what it must feel like to fall madly in love with a child. You can't lock it up in closet to keep it safe, you have to just trust that you know what you're doing and can then impart this wisdom on to a child. But you're never completely in control - sure you play a key roll, but then there's fate and life in general rolling around out there that is much more powerful that we will ever be. Wow. I guess it's time for this neurotic micro manager to surrender and learn to let go. Yeah. I'll start working on that -- neurotically, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The time around the pool was not much different then in the past. YOu introduced your baby to the Rhodes house and friends. You both enjoyed the water and water gun. The only thing missing was the drink. Cheers! Aunt Beve